Charity - The British Red Cross
This Christmas, kindness transcends borders.
You could help someone in crisis in the UK, and someone overseas.
Things are becoming urgent and we’re asking for your help. People are coping with all kinds of emergencies right now – from Covid-19 and its deadly knock-on effects, to dangerous and extreme weather events.
Experts in our teams have made clear the severity and breadth of challenges that people are going to face this Christmas, and through the winter, around the corner and around the world.
We have to do something.
How can British Red Cross help?
We’ve launched our Kindness has no borders appeal. All the money we raise will be split evenly between helping people in crisis here in the UK, and our International Relief Fund.
Whatever you can manage, it could make a vital difference to someone’s life. It could mean comfort and conversation for someone lonely, or food for someone who’s hungry. It could mean education for a child, or it could mean someone’s home is reinforced against extreme weather.
And it could mean that somebody, somewhere knows that people care about them.
• £3 could provide hot drinks for a family evacuated from their home this Christmas.
• £10 could help fuel two of our emergency vehicles to reach people in trouble in the UK.
• £35 could provide vocational training to vulnerable women so that they can earn an income in Sierra Leone.
• £40 could cover the first grocery shop for someone coming home from hospital to an empty kitchen.
• £60 could pay for three of our volunteers to deliver medication and other essential supplies to vulnerable, lonely elderly people in need of support.
• £95 could provide 1 young goat for farmers in Kenya affected by climate change to support their livelihoods.
By making a donation this Christmas, you can support someone who is struggling in the UK this winter and someone facing the brutal knock-on effect of Covid abroad.